When looking for a groomer for your dog, here are some questions that you should ask yourself and the prospective groomer so that you can make the right choice for your furry member of the family.
1. Is the Groomer certified through Canadian Professional Pet Stylists or another certification organization or do they only have a certificate of graduation from a dog grooming school?
2. If they are certified, at what level are they certified to? Canadian Professional Pet Stylists have 3 Levels of certification:
3. Do they have a business license?
4. Do they have business insurance?
5. Are they familiar with your breed of dog? If so, in what way? (ie. grooming, showing, breeding, etc.)
6. When you explain the length of hair that you want for your dog, is that something they can do?
7. If you own a double coated breed of dog, does the groomer recommend doing a "shave off"? Double coated breeds should NOT be shaved off unless a veterinarian has recommended it. Examples of double coated breeds: Husky, Malamute, Rottweiler, Labrador, Golden Retriever, Chow Chow, Pomeranian, Chihuahua and many more
8. How long do they need your dog to be with them?
9. What are their plans in an emergency?
10. Do they have a veterinarian that they work with?
11. Can you visit their shop and see all of the facility prior to bringing your dog?
12. If a student is doing the grooming of your dog, will they be supervised and their work inspected prior to releasing your dog?
13. If your dog has allergies or a skin condition, can the groomer accommodate those needs?
14. If your dog has physical problems or limitations, can they accommodate those?
Copyright © Canadian Professional Pet Stylists. All Rights Reserved. Website designed by Daventry Web Design